Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dragons' Den reject celebrates soaring sales of 'worthless' invention | the Daily Mail

Perhaps the moral of this story is, any PR is good PR.

Or may be it's always believe in yourself.

Probably it's "get on live TV with your product and get a bunch of arrogant know-nothings to bash your product to get the sympathy of the public on your side. "

But most likely it's to create a fun, functional, humorous product that everyone can enjoy.

Everything is worth something to someone.

Retailing at £25, it is one of the top-selling luggage items at John Lewis department stores and has proved a hit at Mothercare, Fenwick and Debenhams.

Yesterday, Mr Law said: "When I went on to the programme I was full of confidence that I was going to get the investment I needed.

"But they ripped me to shreds - I was absolutely gutted. They were rude and obnoxious and just focused on the strap, which was actually something that was quite easily fixed.

"I was terrified that by appearing on the programme I may have ruined my company before it had even started. But afterwards we had loads of hits on the website from people who said they thought it was a brilliant idea.

"Now I am absolutely delighted to have proved the Dragons wrong. It just goes to show you should never give up."

Source: Dragons' Den reject celebrates soaring sales of 'worthless' invention | the Daily Mail

No comments: